Tuesday, November 10

Our 1st Cruise (Bahamas aboard Carnival Triumph)

good evening dear reader,

Dawnie & I are back from our first cruise. We had a fabulous time aboard the Carnival Triumph. I must say, we were pampered, spoiled, entertained & well fed. The entire staff was polite, professional, fun & friendly. The entertainment was first rate as were the excursions booked through Carnival for fun on the islands.

We had a room with a balcony on the 8th deck. The room was surprisingly spacious with a kingsize bed, couch, ottoman, table, lots of closet & drawer space & a decent size bathroom.

Our first full day was a "fun day at sea". We soaked up some sun, shopped, explored the ship & went to a Vegas type show after dinner.

Day two we arrived in Freeport & we went on a Dolphin Adventure. We took a boat through the canals to the Dolphin Adventure where we were able to get in the water to play with the dolphins. This was an incredible experience and my favorite part of our vacation. We were able to talk to them, pet them & have our photos taken with the dolphins "kissing" us. Dolphins are amazing creatures.

Day three brought us to Nassau/Paradise Island where we spent a "beach day" at the Atlantis Resort. Wow, this place was beautiful. We had access to their private beach & lagoons as well as to their world famous aquarium. Lunch was also provided at one of their outdoor eateries. We had a great day at Atlantis.

Day four was another "fun day at sea" and we lounged around the pool & had a great time.

During our time on the ship we were able to watch the World Series Baseball games on a huge TV which hung over the pool. We listened to island music daily being played by a live band at the pool. We watched ice sculpting, played bingo & met some great fellow passengers. Every night our Matre-d (Dario) and our waiters (Dexter & Alehandro) treated us like queens, making sure everything was perfect for us. After dinner, the entire wait-staff, including Dario entertained the dining room with song & dance. Excellent performances I might add.

Nightly as we drifted off to sleep, the gently rocking of the ship was both soothing & comforting. I miss it now that I'm back on solid ground.

Would I cruise again? Absolutely. Would I recommend Carnival Cruise Lines? Yes !!

Have you gone on a cruise? Do you want to try cruising? Tell me all about it...my inquiring mind wants to know.



7 comments:

  1. I am very jealous. I have always wanted to swim with dolphins. That is one of my dreams.

    I went on a cruise that left from Sydney (in 2004) to New Caledonia and Vanuatu. I went with three girlfriends for 10 days and had a ball. We went on the New Years Cruise and therefore celebrated into 2005. We got to have New Years in three different time zones. That was a crazy night! They also had themed costume nights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your cruise sounds like it was wonderful. 10 days, whew...ours was 5. The dolphins were amazing, you'll need to do that someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like FUN! My sis & her hubby have been on 5 cruises already & LOVE it... rather, I think they're a bit addicted. The dolphin kisses look so sweet.
    31everything.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm addicted now too...I don't have anything bad to say about the whole cruising experience. Glad everyone likes the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks and sounds like you had the best time! Isn't it wonderful to be spoiled that way? I went on a solo 2 day Bahamas cruise as a gift for my 18th birthday- it was awesome. My parents used to be big into cruising...maybe we'll go again, the whole family. My dream is to do one of the Alaska cruises. Congrats on such a fab vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are CRAZY!!! lol That picture of the Cruise deck almost had me in a panic! lol I don't think I'd be ok with that. But your pics are BEAUTIFUL! I swam with the Dolphins when we were in Cuba and it was fantastic! it's something I always wanted to do but never had the opportunity...and I'm not going to lie...when I jumped in the pool I was TERRIFIED! lol! but it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't scared at all getting in the water with the dolphins. The trainer did some work with them before we got in the water & they were completely under her control. I loved petting them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting :~)

Powered By Blogger