hello darling reader,
This afternoon I'm working on a crochet layette for donation. I love to crochet as I'm watching TV. I've been doing it for years and can follow along with the TV program and the pattern at the same time successfully...lol...not as easy as it sounds. I crochet items for my family, friends, every now & then I'll crochet some amigurumi creatures for sale. However, I most enjoy crocheting for charitable donation.
There are many families in need in our County and I crochet baby sweaters, one piece outfits, blankets, bonnets, booties etc and donate them to a local Church.
While I'm crocheting I think of the baby these items will keep warm & say a little prayer for them and their family. I also meditate to put love & positive energy into yarn that will wrap around the sweet new baby.
How about you? Do you craft for charitable donation?
my inquiring mind wants to know...
Namaste dear ones,
Bridget

hey there, just started following your blog. You can read about my charity etsy shop crafting4causes.etsy.com on my blog as well as my regular shop. Please drop by and follow :D
ReplyDeletehttp://jollyjennifersetsyblog.blogspot.com
Thanks for stopping by & commenting...I'm off to check out & follow your blog.
ReplyDeleteI currently have 2 items in my shop where the proceeds will be sent to an etsy shop for gas expenses to visit her terminally ill mother. On Monday I mailed a Precious Moments set (changing pad/quilt, pillow, and wall decor set) to an unwed mother donation. I got the Precious Moments fabric as a PIF on etsy.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful day!
http://christiecottage.blogspot.com
wow that's great. I love that you used a PIF to create items for donation. that's super sweet
ReplyDeleteI, too, like to think about where my donation is going while I work on it! I think it fills the item with good thoughts and warm wishes :)
ReplyDeleteI am involved with crafthope... I crocheted hats to be sent to an orphanage in India, and I designed a project to be included in the Craft Hope book to be published by Lark Books next year. You can learn more about this wonderful organization right here! http://crafthope.com/
I love to crochet and often I just like to make old fashioned granny squares. I decided a while back to start making them in soft baby colors and yarns. I have ziploc bags full of them now that I am going to join together for baby blankets to donate.
ReplyDeleteI don't crochet, but I do donate to different organizations a lot. I love that God has blessed me with a talent, and so I try to use it to bless others - even if just a little!
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone for sharing your stories. It warms my soul to know you are out there, sharing your talents to help others. God Bless you.
ReplyDeleteJollyJennifer just blogged about Crafting for a Cause. Read all about it here:
ReplyDeletehttp://jollyjennifersetsyblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/donation-to-humane-society.html?showComment=1255568275640#c4124657408535086707