Have you ever posted a comment to a blog, only to find out later it was never posted because you did not go back & do the word verification? Yes? It happens to you too? aagghhh. It's frustrating.
When I'm reading posts from the long list of blogs I follow, I just want to comment and move on to the next. Many times I have after I hit "post comment" the screen refreshes, then I scroll down and low & behold, the blog software askes me to type in a nonsensical word to verify my comment. Sometimes my fingers type this nonsensical word incorrectly and I have to type in a new absurd word.
Are spam comments posted to your blog an issue for you? I don't have hundreds or thousands of followers. I doubt many of my 167 followers read my bog due to the low amount of comments my posts generally generate. Don't get me wrong, I love my followers, one and all & I love to read comments left for me. I know I sometimes read a post & don't comment if I don't have anything useful to add to the conversation. I do frequently post short comments like "thanks for sharing", "congrats on your sale" , "I love pink too" etc.
Sometimes if I notice my comment was not posted because of the word verification & if my little snipplet of a comment is not important, I just close the window and move on.
Dear reader, what do you think? Your opinion always matters to me. Please vote in the poll I have to the right of this blog post & comment if you want to. You may chose multiple answers for the poll.
Enjoy your weekend!
p.s. I have removed word verification for commenting from my two blogs


I hate the word verification, but it doesn't inhibit me from commenting. Also, when I removed verification from my blog I immediately became inundated with spam, so I totally understand why people use it. I hate it, but it IS useful.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your viewpoint. I'll let you know if I get any spam comments. I just turned word verification off today.
ReplyDeleteIt's annoying, and I have lost comments I put on blogs because of it, but I still use it on mine. I had some icky stuff posted to my blog a couple of years ago and have since used the verification.
ReplyDeleteI hate it but I use it. Even with word verification some people try to post advertising hidden in regular comments. Spam really is a pain in the a**.
ReplyDeletei use to use it but read some tips on being a better blogger and they suggested removing it. i do get some spam but blogspot has a spam filter now and I do find it will put some in there or i can do it myself, it's not like I get 5,000 spam comments, maybe 3 a week.
ReplyDelete:) cm
I recently took CAPTCHA off of my blog, I know a lot of people seem to be turned off by it, but I don't mind taking that extra step to publish what I have to say!
ReplyDeleteI hate it...but I will still post comments in most cases...
ReplyDeleteThe times I hate it the most and would just as soon bypass the whole thing is if I'm doing a blog hop...you know how frustrating that is, hopping from one blog to another losing comment after comment to the word verification cookie monster?!? lol!
And to tell you the truth...not sure I even have it enabled on my blog or not...but I haven't had any spam problems yet....*knocks on wood!*
Thank you for your votes and comments
ReplyDeleteIt drives me crazy!! Hi there~ I am your newest follower! I would love it if you would stop by and return the love :)
ReplyDeletehttp://waveoflifesurfstudio.blogspot.com/