Tuesday, August 24

what do you think of this quote?

good morning dear readers,

I hope this post finds you well. I came across this quote on FB the other day. "We must not allow the clock and the calendar to blind us to the fact that each moment of life is a miracle and mystery."-- H. G. Wells.

I love this quote & agree with it. When I worked for a Telephone Company years ago, the Management used to time us for not only our lunch & coffee breaks but for our Potty Breaks !! How humiliating. We used to walk around with kitchen timers to make sure we got back to our desks on time. We were tracked down to the second & were given a printed report daily with our times. When I got out of that department, I stopped wearing a watch & to this day I will not wear one.

I try to live in the moment and enjoy each day as the gift that it is. I find watching a clock or being too aware of the calendar is counterproductive to this way of life. What do you think?

I hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting :~)

Powered By Blogger