Friday, December 11

What is Your Reason for the Season ?

blessings to you darling reader,

I'd like to start this post by saying I respect your thoughts & beliefs regarding any Higher Power you believe in or not believe in. I stand firm that there is no right or wrong when it comes to spirituality. It's a personal choice as to what is true for your soul.

For me, Jesus is the Reason for the Season. I cringe at all the commercial-ism of Christmas. I admit, for many years I was totally caught up in the overspending, gift giving frenzy. Stressed out baking, crafting, buying, wrapping...totally frazzled...feeling the pressure & spending money I didn't have....I guess you've probably been there too.

When we moved to NC, our families decided that we are not celebrating Christmas with gifts. I am very grateful we have everything we Need. (Praise the Lord) We get together on Christmas day & enjoy each other's company, remembering Jesus is the Reason for the Season. (We don't have any little ones in our immediate family anymore but if we did, I'm sure we'd give them presents).

We now make Our birthdays a big deal. We get together for dinner & shower the birthday "baby" with gifts. These birthday parties are sooo much fun & I love the idea of celebrating the birth & life of our loved ones on their special day.

How do you feel about all the pressure & stress of the Holiday Season? do tell, I'd like to know...

5 comments:

  1. I agree that too much focus is put on gift giving. Spending time with those I love or doing what I enjoy is more important to me now than what gift I get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, believe that Jesus is the reason for the season. I do go overboard on the gift giving but it's because I love giving the people I love gifts. I like the idea of focusing on the birthday more...something to think about!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up with a stressful Christmas season and have long not celebrated it. Well, not in a conventional way. I honor all the winter holy-days while celebrating the the nature-centered time of Yule. I have a simple fire-side party which is basically pot-luck, and about coming together in friendship and love, regardless of individual spiritual paths.It works for me. I have started hosting a Christmas day dinner for my mother-in-law and since I love to cook and set a nice table on occasion, this works too. :) Pretty much the only gift-buying I do is for my mom - my gift to her and hers to others. Other than that, I really love the darkness of this time of year and *honor return of the sun* - in all its guises.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choosing our battles wisely and slowing down to enjoy the day are great pieces of advice.
    designers video

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting :~)

Powered By Blogger