Tuesday, December 8

Have you ever gone shopping with a "Celebrity"? I have....

good afternoon darling reader,

I'm wondering...have you ever gone shopping with a "Celebrity"? I have...let me explain...

We sometimes take Elvis out with us & have a dog carriage for him. (I've posted some pics below). It zippers up so he can not get out. Whenever we bring Elvis out in the stroller it's like we are out shopping with a celebrity. Some of the comments we get are...

  • "oh there's a dog in there, I thought it was your baby !". my reply is " he IS my baby" :)

  • "Look there's a puppy in there" (usually said Loud)

  • "He's soo cute/adorable/darling/sweet/" etc...you get the idea

  • "What's his name?" my reply "Elvis Lee" that sets off a whole bunch of responses and usually one or two "Elvis is in the building" or "Elvis is leaving the building". A lady working at the local ACE hardware store said "Elvis is in the building" over the loudspeaker the other day when we arrived. It's tooo funny.

People almost always call over the people they are shopping with & shop employees call over coworkers to show them the "cute dog" in a stroller. If we happen upon someone who "met" Elvis in another store most times they will come over & say "Hi Elvis" and "oohh" & "aahh" over him again.

Our little Elvis Lee attracts practically everyone in a 12' radius. This happens when we bring him to the beach too...or when we take him out for walks in the neighborhood. Neighbors shout "Hey Elvis" and as an afterthought say "oh yeah, hi" to us.

I've resigned myself to the fact that my sweet dog is a charasmatic little guy that attracts attention wherever he goes while I barely get noticed. I'm okay with that. I love him with all my heart & I'm happy to let people pet him, get kisses from him & shower him with compliments. He's like a Celebrity in the dog world which I guess makes me a celebrity Mommy. lol

The outlet malls around here are wonderful about shopping with a dog. We've got Tanger Outlets, Broadway at the Beach, Barefoot Landing etc...all fabulous outdoor malls & the stores welcome dogs as long as they are in a stroller. Indoor malls, grocery stores, Walmart, Dollar Stores etc - none of them will allow a dog stroller in their establishments.

so tell me...have YOU shopped with a "Celebrity"?


the stroller showing off his cuteness


getting bored & yawning stretching his legs


new fountain at Tanger501

5 comments:

  1. Awwww...Elvis is adorable! No wonder he gets so much attention! And good for him for staying in the stroller!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say you've got a great blog and I love your paintings and jewelry! Must be life living the artist life!

    Love to hear what you have to say about my photography!
    www.freshvisuals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bridget, nice pics of Elvis. I thought he was working in McDonalds?

    Anyhoo....nice gallery of photos and you live in a beautiful part of the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. I do love it here on the Carolina Coast. Elvis says to say hello (woof woof). I'm off to check out your blogs (& your photos AreAych)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting :~)

Powered By Blogger