Hello Darling Reader,
This week I'm taking Sterling Edwards Watercolor Workshop at the Studio in Calabash. I attended his workshop last year and I'm getting much more out of it this year. I can see where I've grown as an artist since last Octobers workshop but I can also see how much more I have to learn. Considering I've only been painting for three years I think I'm doing splendidly well. My friend Tom is there with me as well as my Mother. She's a super controlled, detailed painter so the freeflowing loose watercolors Sterling is demonstrating are very frustrating for her to try but at least she is trying. Tom & I tore up a few disasterous attempts. Mom did too.
Sterling's watercolors shine with light and he uses bright bold colors with big brush strokes. His abstracts are my Favorite. We'll be working on abstracts friday. I'll post some pics of my workshop pieces over the weekend.
I hope all is well with you & yours.
hugs,
Bridget
P.S. please go out and vote early, I voted yesterday
.

Do post some pictures as they sound lovely!
ReplyDeleteI voted too! I wanted to wait until election day, but I have to work and wouln't be able to make it.
ReplyDeleteHi Ms B!!!!!
ReplyDeletedroppin in to say HEY - miss you
:)
kD
www.blueyeduckstudios.blogspot.com
www.blueyeduckstudios.etsy.com
watercolor is such a tough media! I wish you lots of luck...clicked onto the instructor's site - her may use "real" images, but they have a wonderful abstract qualty - looks like he'd be a fabulous instructor! Have a great time and post your paintings!
ReplyDelete