Wednesday, September 22

Happy Autumn - great quote

good morning dear reader,

Happy Autumn one & all.  I found this quote today while searching for one about the fall season...

"Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all." (Stanley Horowitz). 

I love this quote.  Autumn is a bit different here on the coast than it was when I lived in NY.  The trees turn later, it gets cooler later however it is still a glorious season to enjoy.  Autumn in NY has a certain smell in the air which is crisp & delightful.  We don't have that here, then again, I can go to the beach & smell the sea air anytime since it's only about 6 miles away. 

I have many wonderful memories of Autumn in NY, raking leaves then jumping in them, trick-or-treating with sweaters under our costumes, cool mornings with warm afternoons, apple picking, pumpkin picking etc.

Enjoy your day to the fullest.


late autumn, view from our townhouse in NY


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting :~)

Powered By Blogger