Sunday, April 11

20 Years from now...a quote to think about...

good afternoon dear reader,

While on FaceBook today, my artist friend Kerry put the following quote as her status...

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." --Mark Twain

What do you think? Agree? Disagree? Are you inspired to do something you've been debating about not doing? Let me know, my inquiring mind wants to know.

13 comments:

  1. I like this quote. It 's one way to measure what's important in one's life. And I think most people prioritize what's important. Sometimes it's a matter of adjusting the priority of something.

    hope you're having a good sunday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Juana. I agree with you. It's a balancing act sometimes to keep what's important at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's nice to be reminded in such a provoking way. I am actually quite pleased with myself. I wrote a blog post on Friday morning about stepping away from frenzy, and I did it all weekend. I may just do it again.

    xoSherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree, life is too short and humans are always so unsatisfied. I always do what i want and dream to do. Experience. Use your brain too. I am never stupid or unsafe or do things that i know are negative and will bite me back. I stay with the good stuff. I think that being happy is also a state of mind :)
    Thank you for stopping at my blog!
    Gros bisous
    frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this quote - it is so true. I can't say that I will go out and do something differently, but it will make me think, so who knows :) Thanks for sharing - and I loved the old campy batman show too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good morning,
    Glad everyone liked the quote and commented back with such toughtful replies. Have a wonderful day. hugs all around

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope NOT to have much left undone to regret...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey beautiful! Thank you for your visit!AND your sweet comment!
    A bientot!
    frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree too! Have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I very much agree. I am terrified of regrets, simply because i have so many already. And it's mostly things I didn't do, although there are some things I wish I hadn't done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting :~)

Powered By Blogger