Tuesday, June 10

any Gone with the Wind fans out there?

Hello darling reader,
It's sweltering here in North Carolina today. The record breaking heat wave is not letting up so I decided that while I'm staying cool in the AC and working in my studio, I'll watch Gone with the Wind. I love tons of old movies & this is one of my favorites. Especially Mammy. Mammy is my favorite character in this movie. Hattie McDaniel is a wonderful actress. Of course, I love Vivien Leigh (her husband Laurence Olivier is also one of my favs) and who can resist Clark Gable and his strongwilled southern charm. Olivia de Havilland is also spectacular as Melanie. I appreciate this movie more now that I'm a southerner. Born and raised Carolinians don't even refer to the Civil War as a "war", they call it "The conflict". The cinematography is stellar as is the musical score. What's your opinion on this movie? My inquiring mind would love to know.
hugs & good karma,
Bridget

2 comments:

  1. It is so funny. Yesterday, I put some pictures of old movie magazines..Darn, if one picture wasn't Clark Gable and his wife..I mentioned "Gone With the Wind"..Such a great movie..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is one of my all time favorites. Being the only female in the house I don't get to watch it that often.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting :~)

Powered By Blogger